Saturday, January 31, 2009

Work in Progress - Titan Gladiator

I finally started painting my Titan Gladiator today. So far I've finished the skin areas and figured I would post some pics. All in all it took about and hour and a half to finish this much.












I started with a base coat of GW Shadow Grey. I really like this color because it's kind of bluish in color which looks really good. I did two coats of this using a 1:1 mixture of paint and water.



This is after the final highlights have been added. I stuck with the Shadow Grey but mixed in a single drop of GW Codex Grey for each successive highlight. I used three layers of highlights on the base coat.
















I found that working on the Gladiator was much easier than Morghoul. The large areas took time to cover but were easier to work with. On a large model like this it's easier to see the muscular definition which makes adding highlights much easier. I also left the shoulder armor and the tusks off to make painting easier.

I'll probably start on the armor tonight or tomorrow and I will post pictures as soon as I can.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, nice job. That flesh tone looks really great after the highlights you applied. Well done.

    ReplyDelete