Monday, January 19, 2009

Introductions

Seeing as how this is my first blog post I'll start with some pertinent information.

First of all I am new to Warmachine/Hordes. I've been interested in them for quite some time. In fact, I bought the Hordes book when it first came out, but until now, due to real life situations and other hobbies, I haven't taken the plunge.

If you're looking for great tactical insight this isn't going to be the blog for you, at least not for a long time. If, however, you're interested in following my journey in this game from the beginning I hope you stick around.

So I'm new, and I have a passing knowledge of the rules, but as someone who prefers to learn games by playing them I've got a lot to look forward to. That's all before I even start thinking about trying to win a game.

I have to wrap my head around the rules which I'll do mostly by playing the game. I also have to buy, assemble and paint an army before I can even play a game. Well, I have to do the first two at least, I'm not going to rush a paint job just to field a painted army, but I'm also not going to get stuck in the habit of playing a primed army forever.

But first, I have to choose what army to play. What will I choose? Hmmm.....

No comments:

Post a Comment